BHN extends solidarity to people seeking asylum and experiencing destitution through accommodation and creative community involvement.
BHN provides full board accommodation in host households or in its large house for men in Bristol and community volunteering opportunities and catering social enterprise (to raise funds) in solidarity with both male and female asylum seekers experiencing destitution. We don’t accommodate children or families with children as the local authority has a duty to care for them.
BHN has six core values that are at the heart of what we are about:
1. Solidarity (Working alongside people, not just giving aid)
2. Equality (People are people before labels)
3. Mutual Empowerment (Overcoming barriers together)
4. Hospitality (Creating intercultural spaces of welcome)
5. Integrity (Transparency in decision and action)
6. Creative Resistance (Living change imaginatively)
We urgently need donations (preferably regular standing order donors) for our solidarity fund, meals at our Monday Welcome Centre, bills for our men’s house etc (see ‘donate’ for more information).
If you would be interested in hosting someone in your home, volunteering with us or making a donation, then please contact us.
BHN was formed in 2009 and became a registered incorporated charity in 2010. Charity Number 1138498, Company Number 07308750